Friday, December 31, 2010

It's 2011 and I'm still here ...

It began with my still being engaged to marry. It ended with a newfound strength in singlehood and a magnificent male friend.

It started with being the oldest ballet major in state history, which required transcendence over cancer and injury. It ended with production of my first original children's ballet and being asked to teach at the school of a Bolshoi-trained artist.

In its embryonic stages, there were dreams of life in a less urban and more idyllic setting. At its conclusion, I am living that dream.

It commenced with a body of writing work that was directed at my peers. It evolved into works appreciated by far younger audiences.

At its origins, I did not know how to extricate myself from putting the lion's share of my labors into others' interests. Now I know better.

It initiated with undue concern about how my life looked on paper. It has culminated with my pulling my head out of my proverbial rear end and embracing what really matters.

At the onset, I had lost touch with far too many from my past. At its closure, I am magically surrounded by so many of them once again.

9/11, Katrina, Hirings and layoffs, sickness and recovery, loves lost and gained ... I remain ... most grateful, and looking forward to the next 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment