Tuesday, June 30, 2009

They just keep goin' and goin' and goin'

Today marks 20 consecutive days now of wearing the same pants to the office -- and still no one has noticed/commented. What started out as an experiment in frugality during this recession has started getting more and more interesting.

Note: I do not wear the pants on casual Fridays because that would be unnecessarily pushing this little experiment. However, every Monday through Thursday, the pants go to work.

I initially wore the same blazer with the pants, but even I got a little sick of that early on, so I began rotating two different blazers (like the pants, from Goodwill).

I may, however, have to go back to wearing the same blazer each day, just to see if that makes a difference.

The result of this experiment so far:

1. People really don't notice all the little (and sometimes big) things about us nearly to the extent we think they do. (Even if they did, you can hardly be fired for wearing the same outfit to work each day).

2. It's kind of nice not having to wonder what I'm wearing each morning. Sure streamlines getting ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment