Wednesday, June 17, 2009

A Trip to Bountiful???

I know. Why waste my breath? But, honestly. Ray Nagin, are you listening? Do you have any vestiges of a conscience? People in your city have been struggling for the past four years, and those challenges have been exacerbated by the current economy, and you have the stones to attempt to pull this one off?

http://www.nola.com/news/index.ssf/2009/06/nagin_says_city_paid_for_china.html

If you came up to me and my friend Christine Calkwood in Whole Foods again, all smooth and sweet, like you did pre-Katrina when you were gathering votes, do you have any idea what we would do now?

I can't help but be reminded of that scene in "A Year of Living Dangerously," when the sign is hung from a hotel window, "Sukarno, feed Your people." Ray, you've got to be aware of how you come across these days.

Please try to have an epiphany and to leave a legacy of something other than farce.

No comments:

Post a Comment